To recognize the achievements of members, units, councils and allied agencies, California State PTA and the National PTA coordinate a number of awards programs.
This awards program recognizes the achievements of local units in multiple areas of involvement and will share the ideas with others throughout the state. With one application, units will have the opportunity to submit for any of the award categories below through the same application. (* Please note that units must have received the Ready, Set…Remit! award and be in good standing to qualify to apply for this award.)
- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: For training new leaders
- STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT: For supporting students
- ENVIRONMENTAL: For raising environmental awareness
- FAMILY INVOLVEMENT: For boosting engagement
- MEMBERSHIP AND OUTREACH: For growing membership
- COLLABORATION: For partnering with business/agency
- ADVOCACY: For advocating on behalf of all children
- STUDENT INVOLVEMENT: For developing leadership
Spotlight award winning units will receive:
Download the PTA Unit Spotlight Application
- Two (2) paid registrations to the California State PTA Convention
- $100 gift certificate to be used at the PTA Store during convention
- Special recognition on stage at the California State PTA Convention
- Opportunity to showcase their program at a convention workshop
Download the PTA Unit Spotlight Application in Spanish
- Due to Second District PTA by January 17
Honorary Service Awards
Honorary Service Awards (HSA) are available to recognize the service and dedication of both individuals and organizations. They may be awarded only by PTA districts, councils, units, and the California State PTA and should be presented by duly authorized PTA representatives at PTA-sponsored meetings or at functions of allied groups. The HSA Program includes the Honorary Service Award, Continuing Service Award, Golden Oak Service Award, Very Special Person Award, and donations to the HSA Program. A person may receive more than one of any of these awards.
HSA Awards Order Form
HSA Nomination Form
(PDF download) – for use by units, councils, districts
HSA Donation Form
- Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery of awards
Parent Education Award for digital literacy and citizenship. Applications due March 1.
American Cancer Society. Applications due March 31.