Parking Lot Fundraiser Procedures

Does your PTA offer parking in your school lot to raise money during a big neighborhood festival or street fair? 

 Follow this checklist to ensure your PTA is covered legally and logistically when holding a Parking Lot Fundraiser. 

Other documents you will need when planning parking fundraisers:

SFUSD Facilities Use Permit (go here to create an account/reserve a facility)

Special School Parking Event Permit (contact Kari Gray for a hard copy)

Shift Change Form (Word doc)

You must get insurance coverage:

This is easy. Send an email to (Knight Insurance Services, the PTA Insurance Carrier) with the following information:

Type of Event: (i.e. 1 day Parking Lot Event)


  • the PTA specifics - EXACT unit name and PTA President
  • date[s] of the event
  • location [school yard]
  • name and address of school
  • event for which this endorsement is requested - GGP Concert, Noe Valley Fair, etc.
  • anticipated revenue - for purposes of calculating exposure if cash is lost or stolen.  FYI - CAPTA policy has a modest limit on cash.

Other statements to include in email:

We (ABC PTA) understand that:

  • There will be NO Valet Parking
  • All vehicle owners park at their own risk
  • No alcohol is allowed on school site
  • We will have signage prominently displaying these conditions.

The cost of said endorsement will be $150/day, or a total of ______ payable to BB and T Insurance. If you have any questions, I can be reached at (your email address) or at 415-XXX-XXXX.

Thanks again,

Your Name


XXXX Event Coordinator

©2017 Second District of the California State PTA • 555 Franklin Street, Room 203-D • San Francisco, CA 94102 • 415.241.6048 •
draftOrange media+design