Your school may have its own SFUSD website, but a PTA website is a useful tool for promoting and providing resources for your PTA. It is usually the first point of contact for persons interested in finding out more about your PTA. Please follow these basic concepts.
- Plan the design and content of the website strategically. Simplicity is the key to user-friendly design.
- Budget for website development and maintenance. Websites may be hosted by SFUSD, or by a service provider paid for by the PTA.
- Do not post PTA bylaws, minutes and financial reports on the website except in summary form.
- Update your website content regularly. Forward approved copy to the website manager with requested posting dates and removal dates.
- Link to information on the California State PTA, National PTA websites, council and district websites.
- Permission should be obtained prior to posting any name, photograph, or contact information on a website. Observe copyright laws. Use a Photography Release form, available in English and Spanish.