IMPORTANT UPDATE regarding Insurance payments (as of October 2018)
California State PTA is committed to ensuring you have the best possible insurance coverage and service to protect your unit and your members. In October 2018, California State PTA changed insurance brokers to AIM Association Insurance Management Inc. AIM has a rich and deep understanding of PTA and has partnered with 47 state PTA’s for more than 30 years. As part of the new service, AIM has an experienced team that will be available to support your local PTA 24/7 including weekends.
- (800) 876-4044 or (214) 360-0801
AIM has worked diligently over the past couple of months to ensure that our PTAs are receiving the best coverage for their premium costs, and we are happy to announce the following changes in effect as of January 5, 2019:
- Units, councils and districts will receive broader coverage for their events without the need for underwriting or additional premium on a case by case basis
- Each PTA will now have its own $1 million limit for Directors & Officers coverage, rather than the $2 million aggregated limit which was shared by all 3600 units, councils and districts in 2018
- Under General Liability, fire damage coverage has increased from $500,000 to $1 million
- Additional activities such as inflatables, bounce houses and carnivals are now included in the standard coverage; however, please consult and follow California State PTA guidelines as outlined in the Toolkit
While there have been changes to some carriers, please note that there has been no change to limits or coverage except for broadened coverage as noted above.
The 2019 Insurance Guide was revised in April 2019 to clarify some details of the policy. There have not been any changes to the policy itself. The revised guide can be found on CAPTA.org