Resources for SF PTA Units and their members to examine their own structures and practices to work toward eliminating implicit bias, racism, and inequities.
- Family Resources for Talking about Race & Social Justice in the U.S.
- SFUSD compiled a brief list of books, articles, videos, websites and other resources for families to explore race and social justice with children of different ages. Resources are sorted for Adults and for Children/Youth.
- SFUSD suggests additional resources at San Francisco Public Library’s Be An Anti-Racist recommended reading list
- Nora Houseman, Supervisor, Professional Learning and Leadership Department, SFUSD
- Contact Nora for help initiating conversations at your site. Nora’s department can assist with aligning messaging between PTAs and messages students are receiving in schools.
From CAPTA & Education-Advocacy Organizations:
- CAPTA Statement on Racial Injustice & Inclusion
- CAPTA Toolkit Outreach, Diversity and Inclusion
- Ed100.org Blog Post: One Way Your Schools Can Address Racism
- Includes resources to learn more and support conversations