To keep your PTA’s finances in great shape, read these recommendations from the State PTA.
To remit any membership dues, insurance premium or additional workers compensation premium, please use this Unit Remittance Form.
Every unit must complete, sign, and submit a Workers’ Compensation Form by January 15, even if it didn’t pay any people during the past calendar year. Please follow the directions on the form and contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Treasurer Training held on August 25, 2021 (California PTA Finanzas de PTA- Parte I Finanzas de PTA- Parte II)
What should be finished early in the 2022-23 school year:
- Year-end financial review for the last school year (Report Form) (annotated Form)
- Financial Report for 2021-22 (sample) This can be a Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Budget for 2022-23 (sample) recommended by Executive Board (EB) and adopted by General Membership Meeting (GM)
- Federal Tax Return 990 for 2021-22 filed
- State Tax Return 199 for 2021-22 filed
- RRF-1 for 2021-22 and CT-TR-1 if gross receipt was less than $50K filed with CA AG office
- Raffle Report filed (if a Raffle Registration was filed in 2021-22)
- Raffle Registration for 2022-23 filed (if a raffle is planned)
- Outgoing Treasurer’s permanent file for 2021-22.
- Items 1, 2, and 3 presented and adopted by vote at the September GM
- Forward copies (pdf preferred) of items 1-8 to Second District PTA email@example.com
What should be done between September and February 1, 2023:
- Present a financial report/check ratification at each EB and GM
- Be sure to record all PTA activities in GM minutes to trigger insurance coverage
- Reconcile the bank statement each month-end
- Remit dues to Second District at the beginning of each month Use this form
- Remit insurance premium directly to CAPTA by December 16, 2022. Please refer to CAPTA’s Insurance Guide for more information.
- Revise budget as necessary and vote to adopt changes at GM
- Appoint (if not elected) auditor by October GM
- Do mid-year audit in January (half-way through the year)
- Submit Workers’ Compensation Report and payment (if required) to Second District PTA by January 15, 2023
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org