To keep your PTA’s finances in great shape, read these recommendations from the State PTA.
To remit any membership dues, insurance premium or additional workers compensation premium, please use this Unit Remittance Form.
Every unit must complete, sign, and submit a Workers’ Compensation Form by January 15, even if it didn’t pay any people during the past calendar year. Please follow the directions on the form and contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
What should be finished early in the 2020-21 school year:
- Year-end audit for the last school year (Report Form) (annotated Form)
- Financial Report for 2019-20 (sample) This can be a Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- Budget for 2020-21 (sample) recommended by Executive Board (EB) and adopted by General Membership Meeting (GM)
- Federal Tax Return 990 for 2019-20 filed
- State Tax Return 199 for 2019-20 filed
- RRF-1 for 2019-20 and CT-TR-1 if gross receipt was less than $50K filed with CA AG office
- Raffle Report filed (if a Raffle Registration was filed in 2019-20)
- Raffle Registration for 2020-21 filed (if a raffle is planned)
- Outgoing Treasurer’s permanent file for 2019-20.
- Items 1, 2, and 3 presented and adopted by vote at the September GM
- Forward copies (pdf preferred) of items 1-8 to Second District PTA firstname.lastname@example.org
What should be done between September and February 1, 2021:
- Present a financial report/check ratification at each EB and GM
- Be sure to record all PTA activities in GM minutes to trigger insurance coverage
- Reconcile the bank statement each month-end
- Remit dues to Second District at the beginning of each month Use this form
- Remit insurance premium to Second District PTA by November 1st Use this form
- Revise budget as necessary and vote to adopt changes at GM
- Appoint (if not elected) auditor by October GM
- Do mid-year audit in January (half-way through the year)
- Submit Workers’ Compensation Report and payment (if required) to Second District PTA by January 15, 2021
Questions? Contact email@example.com